Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Going back to the grind

I just finished my first week of going back to work since my nice long vacation. Man is it hard getting back into the grind of daily life again! Even my muscles don't remember exercise again, which explains why I am so sore right now. But my trainer enlightened me to "muscle memory" and how after a period of not doing the exercise routine then you get back to the gym again. Your muscles apparently have a memory of when you were fit and can return back to the size you were then given time. That's the tough part is time, you could be in serious pain for a few weeks depending on how long ago it was you were in shape and want to get back to that shape.

And speaking of getting back into the grind at work. I get back and they toss me right into the hurricane again. They give me a trainee and committee meetings begin again for our big banquet in April. Also to top it off, I applied for being a radio dispatcher so I can go in the radio room and just deal with the units directly. I get the test date in the mail and it just happens to fall on the busiest day of the week for me...Monday. So come December 17th, I will only have about 4 hours of sleep that day what with taking the dispatcher test, working out with my trainer and still doing a full shift that night at work. But I hope you will pray for me, I really need to pass the test and be in the top three. This new position will be a new challenge and help out in the finances department too. Also if I know how to use the radio then I can go to any law enforcement and ambulance department and work for them. What I do isn't "just a job" it is a profession. Not many people can be a 911 Dispatcher and handle the job with all its stresses, so if you have the skill you are marketable. But I digress =)

No comments: