Friday, June 6, 2008

Family Vacation

I'm leaving later on this morning for our family vacation. We're heading to Portland, Oregon tonight and then on to Seattle, Washington for the weekend. My dad is preaching at a church there. Then come Monday we're going to take a ferry to Victoria Island, British Columbia for three days and two nights. I've always wanted to see the Garden there and mom would love it too. We head back home Wednesday and I'm hoping to stop off at the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle to buy some fish. Yum! Come Friday of next week, we are going to be up in the mountains for church camp before I head back to work.

If that sounds exhausting and not much of a vacation. I agree! But that is usually the way our family vacations go. We go from place to place meeting up with old friends and seeing as many sights as possible. My parents would rather go to a different city, see old friends and visit with them an really go sight seeing. It's one of the reasons why I take another vacation during the year where I can go and see the sights either alone or with a friend. Hence the Spain vacation to look forward too. But this isn't to say that I don't enjoy my family vacations. I do! My family is great and I love spending time with them. We laugh at each other and tell old stories while making new memories on the current trip to tell later on. =)

3 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

I've been to Pikes Place, and they really do throw the fish. It's very entertaining. Seattle is a fun city!

kffvmom said...

Your family vacation sounds like the type of family Vacations that I like to take with my family.

We love visiting different cities and checking out the culture of the area. Also, the time tha tyou spend catching up with your family will never be lost.

Allison said...

Jics you blog slacker you its been 3 weeks since you updated !!!!