Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On the go again


I'm going on a weekend trip to Charleston, South Carolina. Woke up this morning and took my friend, Anne, to the airport where she will go to Ohio for two days and then it is off to Greece. The lucky duck! I had to stop at work to drop off some paperwork and one of the girls tried to convince me to stay but I refused. It actually felt good to say "no thanks, I have to go pack".
I like the sense of adventure when you have that plane ticket or paper with the confirmation number for your flight. Then you have the frenzy of packing and trying to make sure you haven't forgotten anything, yet at the same time the butterfilies in your stomach begin to take off. I found this quote from one of the travel books I read, "The trick is not to rid your stomach of butterflies, but to make them fly in formation".
One of the best advice I have read about travelling is "bring one totaly impractical thing that makes you feel at home" and that is what my bear is. Sebastien is not practical, but he reminds me of home and comforts me by giving hugs back when I start feeling homesick. For this trip I have him dressed in his casual golf outfit but with out the spikey shoes, instead it is the Build-A-Bear-Workshop converse style sneakers. I've decided that if I'm going to be an old maid instead of havinge the dozens of cats, I will be the 'travel lady with the teddy bear'. Eccentric and unique, plus by the time I'm sixty Sebastien should have his own photo album! =)
Well I need to so some research on what is there to see and do in Charleston, besides those nice looking men in uniform at the Citadel. LOL That is an enjoyable view I'm sure, but my attention span tends to wander.

No comments: