Thursday, September 6, 2007

Reminiscing

I was scanning in some pictures for a CD that a member is going to make for our church anniversary and my mom brought out these old pictures. Man it seemed like college was so long ago! I can still remember coming into the room my freshman year and seeing this tall Russian girl and a lot of boxes, then this other tall girl comes in quietly looks around and leaves and I was thinking "Oh no! I have a Bojo for a roommate. I remember hugging my mom and sending her off with a wave telling her I will be home for Christmas and feeling really excited about finally being on my own. I only knew like one Filipina girl at that time but looking forward to discovering who I am. I remember that all four years I had memorable roommates, most of which I am fortunate enough to still keep in touch with and maintain a long distance friendship. The various science classes and projects like Vibrio, where we had to call our professor late at night and tell him the bad news about how we messed up and put the cultures in the wrong incubator so he had to come in on a Sunday and open up the building for our group to count and finish the report! Dissecting for two hours in the morning in Comparative Vertebrate, where we would go do that Breakfast-to-go thing and sit outside in the alcove of the Science Building eating breakfast then returning back to lab and dissect some more. Attending Basketball games, soccer games, late night Ice skating parties and Society Christmas parties.

So here are some pictures giving you a blast from the past. Enjoy!

No comments: