Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Travel agents

There is a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction every time I book a trip. I like having my ticket or a receipt of my ticket in my hand, it gives that extra bit of assurance that I really am going somewhere. Now I do most of my research for my trips about 1 year in advance or 6 months at the very least. There are plenty of resources available to a person going on a trip. The internet is your biggest source with travelogues, blogs, sites like tripadvisor.com or expedia.com famous travel websites like fodors.com or frommers.com also the Travel Channel's website is a great resource to use. There are travel magazines, books, travel agents and people who have gone to the place you visit

Now I have used various methods of booking a trip before but I must say that my travel agent has been the best way to book at trip. I'm sure you have heard plenty of myths about booking and doing it yourself to save money. But my thing is . . .why bother with the hassle if you have someone else that can take care of it. Now the key in booking with a travel agent is finding a good agent. One of the best ways to do that is my word of mouth, this is how I found my travel agent. A co-worker recommended this travel agency and Linda is who I ended up working with, that was over three years ago and now for my major trips I use her. The thing is you need to find someone you are comfortable with, who listens to what you want and need and who works with you. It is just like choosing a hairdresser, you don't just pay them for their service they become one of your friends. I do research on my trips and then pass the information along to Linda, she does research on her end with the resources she has and I end up making the final decision based on a wide array of information. Look into www.travelstoreusa.com that is the company my travel agent works with and see if there is an office nearby. Go in meet with the agents and talk to them, get a feel for them and then use them as a resource. IF you lived in Sacrament I would highly recommend my travel agent, Linda. :-)

As of now she helped me book my next trip in November. I used Linda to book both of my trips to Hawaii, my trip to Paris and now South-east Asia.

No comments: