Friday, January 11, 2008

New Officers

Last night I attended the Sacramento County Sheriff's Academy graduation. One of my former co-worker was part of the graduating class, so a few of us from work went. I like going because there is this "game" we play when the guys get pinned for their badges, but that is besides the point and I will not digress. Once the guys are pinned and right at the end they get sworn in and take the Law Enforcement Oath.

Law Enforcement Oath of Honor

On my honor,
I will never betray my badge,
my integrity, my character,
or the public trust.

I will always have the courage
to hold myself and others
accountable for our actions.
I will always uphold the
Constitution,
the community and
the agency I serve,
so help me God.


Developed by the
International Association of Chiefs of Police
Committee on Police Ethics

Here are some pictures:

Aisha and me waiting for the event to start.


Ivan, the guy in front, used to work with us.


Sheriff John McGinness gives the badge that Ivan's significant other will pin on his uniform.


Swearing in the new Peace Officers


Sheriff's class 07-SRBA 3


Ivan the graduate with me, Heather and Aisha (his former co-workers)

No comments: