Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun at the Fair

I know this is a week late. But so much has occurred and life gets busy. Last week when Allison came over to visit we went to the California State Fair in Sacramento. Actually Allison went ahead with Haney and his daughter, while I waited for Anne and her crew to come along. Then my friend "Poodles" joined us there. It was a pretty large group but we all had fun. I wanted to hit the fair due to a craving for funnel cakes, a craving I've had for about two years now since the last time I ate them in Santa Monica (coincidentally with Allison too!). The food at the fair was so worth the extra hard workout my trainer had me do at the gym! Besides funnel cake, I had a bearsoaked polish sausage with ketchup and relish, gelato (pistachio and dulce leche flavor), bar-b-qued corn, pink lemonade and some chocolate samples. We visited the livestock area where I got to touch a cow who then tried to lick me, some goats wearing these funky coats that reminded me of the 80's exercise video, pigs, horses and sheep. There was a horse show that we arrived to late due to the lines at the gelato place (but that gelato was so worth it!), lots of exhibit including one for Merced County that had a singing Elvis doll which totally cracked me up, a large chicken for Solano County, and Weird Al Yankovich was singing at the fair that night so while I ate my funnel cake I listend to something he call music. Frankly he is not my cup of tea, but it was nice to sit down on the grassy area and relax with high sugar content food. =)

No comments: