Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mama Mia! movie review

This weekend I went to the movies with my friend and watched Mama Mia. A total chick flick for sure. Now I grew up in the late 80's so I was not familiar with ABBA like those before me but I must say their songs are rather catchy. Though there was that band "A*Teens" during the 90's that I listened too and had an album with some ABBA songs. The scenery in the movie was also worth watching it from my point of view, but then that is no surprise to those who know me. =) Overall the movie was pretty decent, lots of catchy song, plot was okay loved the surprise ending and the singing at the end cracked us up. Amanda Seyfried is a good actress and who knew that Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan could sing. That was a pleasant surprise! I knew Colin Firth had some musical ability and he does sing in this movie also, though I didn't like what they did to his character. But oh well Hollywood must have their twist I suppose.

Here's a clip from youtube:

No comments: