Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Tradition

Every year my family and now our church sets goals for the upcoming year instead of resolutions. It is a five part goals and then we do a Verse to claim for the new year. Here is the format with some examples.

I. My relationship to God-COMMITMENT
1. Make a list of blessings
2. Memorize verses
3. Have devotional time everyday

II. My relationship to my family-CONFIDENCE
1.Take kids out to the library
2. Invite teenage daughter for a special breakfast
3. Do family game night once a month

III. My relationship to my self-COURAGE
1. Develop a daily exercise plan
2. Try a new hair style
3. Treat myself to a manicure

IV. My relationship in homemaking-CONCERNS
1. Make floral arrangement or centerpiece table
2. Clean out linen closet and rearrange according to size
3. Paint the dining room

V. My relationship to others-COMPASSION
1. Write notes of appreciation to two people
2. Take food for needy friend
3. Send the missionary a care package

Verse to claim for the year.

The great thing about this is when you look over your list on Dec. 31st and see if you've accomplished your goals there is that feeling of accomplishment. What I also find amazing is the verse that you claim at the beginning of the year is woven throughout the whole year in such unexpected and unique ways that allows you to truly see God's hand at work.

I hope this list will inspire you to set goals for the upcoming year!

No comments: