Monday, January 5, 2009

You never know who's watching

Last night I took some friends out to San Francisco since they've never been out West before. It was pretty fun! I took them up to the Twin Peaks which has this great view of the whole city and part of the other town. Then we rode the cable car up and around the hills of San Francisco. I found out where the ZARA store is located but they didn't have the perfume I liked there. So we rode the cable car back to the 'crookedest road' and then hopped off to take a walk down that road. My brother took some crazy pictures of him trying to do this break dance move on the crooked road. Then I took them to Ghiradelli square so that they could purchase chocolates for their family back hom. I found out that Bill & Jess have never eaten at a Bubba Gumps before and since there was one at Pier 39 we went there for dinner. Being belivers praying before a meal is pretty typical and nothing out of the ordinary for us. Dinner was great with good food and great conversations. My brother told stories of his Society's jokes and pranks, while Bill & Jess shared their stories from the 'good old days' at BJU. What was interesting was what happened near the end of our dinner. This lady comes up to our table and says "I just wanted to tell you that I noticed you guys saying Grace earlier and it just made an impression on me. You guys are Christians right? Well you saying a prayer before your meal just made an impression on me and I just wanted to let you know." We were a bit stunned and didn't know what to say other than Thank you and God Bless you.

What amazes me is how a simple act that is so common to us can make such a impact on someone unknowingly watching us! So you never know who is watching you and your testimony even though you do such mundane, common things. Guess we really are a Light in this world whether we think so or not.

No comments: