Sunday, April 5, 2009

Letting go of Friends

These past two weeks have been rather trying for me in my relationships with friends. I've had to say good-bye to two friends who I've known for a combined total of 25 years. That's a long time! One of the friendship that I've had to let go I was tried of being the only one inputting time and effort to keep it alive. It was like trying to give oxgen to something that was brain dead, yeah not a pretty picture I know but that it seemed like to me. So I had to cut that relationship and let it go. The other one came out of nowhere! I was not expecting a "Dear John" e-mail from this person even though I haven't heard from her in a month or two when I do call her. But she sent me the e-mail and asked me to not contact her. I was rather sad on reading the e-mail but respected her for letting me know. I wish I could say that I cried but my tears ducts have decided to quit working for me right when I need them too! So now there is just this dull feeling inside. But I know as in life there are many twist and turns in our journey and friends may come and go.

No comments: