Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Back to Work . . .and other musings

It's back to work this week. Thankfully it has been pretty quiet because we have been short-staffed on graves. When I was gone I guess a few people ended up getting sick or having some kind of surgery. Oh well that is typical for my shift! My first night started with a bang and we had a perimeter (picture a lasso over a large map and the points where streets intersect are where a unit is located) set up for most of the shift in one area of town. Fortunately no one was hurt, on the bad side the person we were looking for wasn't caught either. The rest of the week was pretty tame and nothing worth writing about.

I bought an old movie called Daddy Long Legs which has Fred Astaire and Leslie Caron. Now I'm not a big fan of Fred Astaire but then I only watched him on one other movie, Funny Face, with Audrey Hepburn and I thought I would give him another chance. Fred Astaire is a good dancer for his time, I will admit that. But as an actor he doesn't really impress me, I think he was the Harrison Ford type of actor in his day. (Not the action movies of Harrison Ford but the role of being the older man that the younger female lead falls in love with i.e. Sabrina, Six nights & Seven days.) After watching the movie I thought the book was better! Of course the book is usually better than the movie it becomes.

I miss Paris and being on vacation. But work pays the bills and allows me to travel. I've been looking at the calendar and debating on where to go and when I'm going. I know that I've said New Zealand this year but that trip is dependent on whether or not my cousin can go with me. So I've got to make an alternative plan and since I didn't get to got see the 'world's largest aquarium' in Europe this year. . . I'm thinking Spain! The allure of flamingo dancers, paella, Gaudi's works of art around the city of Barcelona, the Spaniards, and the tapas. . . .ahh Espania.

2 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

I watched Daddy Long Legs a LONG time ago (ie high school), and remember being utterly amazed at Astaire's amazing dancing skills. I like old movies. They seem to have that romance of bygone days that most modern movies are missing.

Farm Girl in MD said...

Merry Christmas!!