Monday, April 23, 2007

Curse or Blessing?

This past weekend I have had people tell me "you would make a good wife" and frankly I am tired of it. I know they mean well and it is supposed to be a compliment, but it is not helping me at all. They would point out the qualities that make me desirable in a relationship but they don't get the obvious. I'm still SINGLE!!! IF I would make a good wife then why do the guys run the other way? Why is it that the one time a year I need a guy to come through for me, he bails out in the last minute? Is there a sign over my head that says "F off" or something? (Yes that is very crass, but if you've seen the movie HITCH you would understand.) Basically: if I would make a good wife why am I still single?

So please, please, please stop telling me "you would make a good wife". Because the truth of the matter is....I'M NOT MARRIED.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm Jica are you okay?? I got a call from Rachet today telling me to check your blog cause you have her thinking you are going off the deep-end. call me

Allison

Anonymous said...

I think that people mean the best when they tell you that but it doesn't help you at all. You seem frustrated and I don't blame you.

Anonymous said...

Jica, I totally feel your pain. I too have been the victim of very similar comments and it royally sucks. And I have just shy of 8 years on you and I'm still not married either!!!!! I've been saying for years it would be nice to have my friends set me up but it never happens....lame.

Farm Girl in MD said...

I hope today is better for you!

Blakemore Family said...

Jica, you are a babe, and your man just can't handle you yet! He needs a little more time to prepare for you- You know how slow men can be sometime! ;-)