Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Trip planning resources

I've been looking around for hotels to stay in Barcelona and Valencia. The resource I most often go to on the web is www.tripadvisor.com I love the fact that real people write the reviews, give advice in their forum, make lists of things to do, etc. I myself have made contributions to that site. But I'm still undecided on where to stay. I definitely want a place that has wi-fi capabilities since I will be bringing my laptop along and it should be near available transportation. So many wonderful places to choose but my budget will decide.

Then I looked at the map and saw how close Barcelona was to the border of France. I have a friend who lives in Perpignan and I just found out it is about 2 1/2 hours away from Barcelona. Now another choice must be added to the list. Should I dare risk driving the roadway of Spain and head up to Perpignan. I would love to visit and see her again. Plus a chance to visit the South of France. However I am a bit apprehensive of driving in a foreign country. The good news is that in Spain they drive on the same side as we do here in the States. But to drive alone by myself with a GPS system is a scary task and yet I do thrive on the challenge it presents to me.

Another choice on my plate is how to get to Valencia from Barcelona. Should I go via train, bus or fly. Then I saw that you can take a ferry from Barcelona to Majorca and then from Majorca to Valencia. Oh the many choices that travel affords you!

No comments: