Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cliffhangers

This weekend I got hooked on the ABC Family mini-series "Samurai Girl". I was channel surfing Saturday night and caught the middle part of the story, but that was okay since they did a few flashbacks. Now knowing that there was a third part Sunday I was expecting the cliffhanger Saturday night. Boy was it a good one too and it took the word 'cliffhanger' literally! So here I was tonight expecting all the loose ends to be tied up. The show was great full of exciting martial arts action and the plot was pretty decent. But the thing I was so not happy with is that the heroine still didn't end up with the hero. The hero being this total "bad boy" but with a good heart guy who thinks he doesn't deserve the heroine but you know that the heroin love him with all her heart anyways. I just wanted them to end up together! But what do they do instead? They give you a cliffhanger at what you thought was the end but may not be.

So being the type "A" person that I am, I did some research online. I found out that this movie was based off a book series which has 6 published so far. This movie is based off the 1st book and I'm curious to know if they will make more or if this is how they plan to end it, with all the loose ends still not all tied up. I want Heaven and Jake to hook up, Otto realize that his other half is Cheryl and yes I understand this is all fiction. But isn't that the beauty of TV to take you out of the harsh "real world" for a little bit and bring you to a whole new environment? Still I want my happy ending, there is enough unhappy ones in the world we live in why can't they give us that nice fluffy feeling at the end? Why?

1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

I'm guessing you didn't like Atonement?