Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Personalizing Luggage






When traveling you need to have a way to find your luggage and since most luggage look alike they recommend you do something that would cause your luggage to stand out. The most common suggestion is to add a brightly colored ribbon or yarn to your luggage besides some tags with your mailing information. For me that is still hard because when that baggage carousel goes around sometimes the handle where your yarn or ribbon is located gets hidden due to another suitcase on top of it. I find that by really personalizing my luggage I can see it. So since my black luggage of 5 years has done its duty and plus the edges were tearing apart, I had to get new luggage. Mind you your options for luggage are now so vast and wide with a price tag scale to follow from luggage with polk-a-dots to brand name luggage that you can engrave your initials to. But my budget won't allow for those high expensive suitcases so I needed to find my own way to personalize my luggage. That is where stencils, some fabric paint and paint brushes came in. Now I don't just put a picture on the front of the luggage, I also add it on the sides and tops so that when my suitcases goes around I can identify it quickly.

1 comment:

Allison said...

very cute
is your mom playing the wii in the background ?