Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back at the bubble

Yes I have returned back to my Alma matter, Bob Jones University aka "the bubble". The flight back east was uneventful it was what happened once I got into town that stressed me out. Let's just say that there are times when I wished I wasn't so impulsive to take up a challenge without really thinking it through!

The campus has changed a lot since I graduated and even though I was here a little over a year ago to drop of my brother for his Freshman year; change has occurred since then. The Rodeheaver Auditorium got a much needed face lift and it looks very sleek and modern now to really complete the front entry look of the campus. Lots of new modern looking buildings, lighting around the campus and the general landscaping has changed since my freshman year 10 years ago. Yeah I felt old when I realized that too! =)

One of the first things that made me sigh in contentment and gave that coming home feel was entering the FMA. The ushers were still there handsome, standing tall and directing traffic, the fact that from almost anywhere you sit you get a good view of the whole place and can spot familar faces of teachers in the crowd. Then the singing began and oh my that is when I finally calmed down from the earlier drama at the airport. I missed the beautiful sound of people singing in perfect harmony, at times I used to think this is what being in heaven and singing with the angels must sound like. The music and just the general aura of people glad to be there, smiling wholesome faces of law abiding citizens. It was so refreshing! Of course I had to peek at the first page of the University Hymnal and there it was...the University Creed. For those reading this and who have gone to BJU, can you still remember the creed? =) I only got as far as the first statment! LOL

The speaker of the evening was Dr. Hartog III and he covered Numbers 14 with Murmurring as the topic. It was such a good sermon and reminder of how you miss blessings because of griping. His three points that I got were:
1-Murmurring shows lack of gratitude to God
2-Murmurring shows lack of submission to the Devine leadership
3-Murmurring gives evidence in the lack of fatih.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and my visit!

2 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

I think Jon's brother-in-law is speaking this year- Tom Coleman.

Blakemore Family said...

Oh, I checked and he is scheduled for the 2010 BC.