Friday, June 26, 2009

Bleak times ahead

The economy hasn't gotten any better with the new presidency and frankly time is running short. How it affects me is that my work place is laying off 100 more people than they originally projected which means the rollback to my division is going to affect a few good people on my shift. From what I hear due to the budget crisis and the fact that the local Law Enforcement didn't get the necessary amount of money it needs to keep functioning at the current level it is in protecting the citizen, chaos is soon predicted to ensue. I fear for my deputies and family who live in this county, if they don't know how to protect themselves then they are at loss because there isn't enough resources available to them due to budget cuts. I can picture total anarchy going to happen or perhaps we will go back to the days of the "wild west" and that is one ugly picture but it is so going to happen if some money doesn't come in quick! The federal business stimulus money that the President keeps promising just means more taxes in my eyes and frankly I don't put much hope in men lately. What politicians promise and what they actually do is two very different things! But one thing is re-assuring that God is still in control and has a reason for placing people in high power that we don't understand at the moment. Frankly I think He's punishing us for turning away from Him and even though 9/11 happened the country still has yet to turn back to seeing Him. Sad really when you realized that what we need right now is a revival of the D.L Moody, Charles Spurgeon & Jonathan Edwards magnitude. So where are the Godly leaders who will take the stand? Speak the truth? Yes my friends, it is definitely bleak times ahead not just for my department but for the entire country itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

It's all about Separation of Church and State.