Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bone tired

I've just worked 13 days straight including 2 court appearances. Considering that some of my coworkers who have been at my work place longer than I have and have yet to see a subpoena, I apparently hold some kind of record for taking the stand. My nerves were raw and taunt at the first appearance but yesterday's second was not so bad considering I've already gotten over my first time in court. It was odd and fascinating at the same time to be part of the judiciary system. Needless to say the butterflies were flying in full and that added to the tenseness of my muscles, nerves!

But that isn't the only thing adding to what at times I feel like the weight of the world on my shoulders. Due to California's financial crisis there has been the L word (lay-offs) hanging over the work place and since the shift I work on is mostly composed of new people it is that shift which will be the most affected. When you take away funds to your local Law Enforcement Agency, you are limiting their capabilities of protecting the very citizens that is paying for protection but it feels like everyone has to take a cut. There hasn't been an official word on how many people will be laid-off but it is a significant amount. So now you know why after working 13 days straight I sure could use that Catalunyan Cava right now. =) I can feel the stress and tenseness seeping through the muscles into the bones and it's not a very good feeling. Let's just hope sleep comes soundly because otherwise the bags under my eyes will be larger than the carryons people are allowed to have on planes!

No comments: