Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bonjour Paris!

I am in Paris! Little me is in the City of Lights! The flight was uneventful and though I did panic a bit when going through customs they took a while, but fortunately my connecting flight didn't board on time. Eventually I made it to CDG and my luggage came along too. The driver I had requested pick me up was there and so I didn't even have to worry about waiting. I've come to the conclusion that airports are all alike. Sure they may be located in different places around the world but you go through the same motions. You check in your luggage, get your boarding pass, head to the gate, turn in your boarding pass, take your seat and wait for the flight to begin, then you land, get off the plane, go to your next gate where your connecting flight is located (if you're in a foreign country you go through customs) and repeat: head into gate, turn in your boarding pass, take your seat, wait for flight to begin, land, get off plane, hope your luggage comes in at the baggage claim and leave the airport. It doesn't matter where you are the same pattern goes.
So what did I do on day one of my Paris trip? Well first I had lunch at SFO, those window sills are nice to place your camera so you can use the self timer to take a picture of you. Then when I got to Paris on the freeway I was able to just catch a glimpse of the Sacre Coeur. And as we got off the freeway my shuttle circled around the Arc de Triomphe. Of course after I checked into my hotel it was only about 3pm and most French people don't eat dinner until 7pm, so I decided to walk around this part near my hotel. Can you belive what they have in their parks out here?! I ended up walking around the Parc du Champs de Mars like three times trying to let time pass and still it was too early for a typical Parisian dinner. But I was so hungry I just gave up and walked to Rue Cler where Rick Steve's recommended eating at Cafe du Marche. I had their Oceane Salad, which was pan seared salmon with rice. It was absolutely delicious! The salmon still maintained its fishy taste with out over doing it and the rice was actually couscous with raisins which gave it a surprisingly sweet taste. (For those of you who know me taking pictures of food shouldn't surprise you. =)








3 comments:

J&K Blakemore said...

You are in PARIS? I can't wait to read more of your adventures, and see more of that tantalizing food!!

I will have to travel vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...

Jica, I LOVE your pics... and I love the way you write about your trip and how you described the food! Who's been taking pics of you (or is your camera set that way)?

The City of Lights seems to be safe...

-Nina

noel said...

Jica,
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and
the stars; you have a right to be here.

Never lose an opportunity to see anything that is beautiful.
It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome
it in every fair face, every fair sky, every fair flower.



engr. noel e. garcines,ree
KGB