Sunday, November 26, 2006

Butterflies forming in preparation for departure

It's the night before I leave for my trip to Paris and my stomach is in knots. I'm re-reading one of the books that inspired me to go on this trip "Gutsy Women:more travel tips and wisdom for the road" by Marybeth Bond. This book is very practical and can help answer most of the common questions people ask about solo travel. In the beginning of the second chapter the author has a quote from another writer which describes how I'm feeling right now. "Is there anything as horrible as starting on a trip? Once you're off, that's all right, but the last moments are earthquake and convulsion, and the feeling that you are a snail being pulled off your rock"~Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea. There will definitely be plenty of prayer said along this trip with the way the butterflies are fluttering right now!

No comments: