Monday, January 15, 2007

A nice change from my regular work

I rode along with one of our units today, instead of working at the office. But the curse of the ride-along got to me again. It was a quiet night in the usually busy neighborhood. The excitement had occured early yesterday morning and tonight it was dull. We even rode through an area known to be rampant with crime and there was no one around. For those of you who haven't kept up with the weather out here in CA, it's been hitting 20 degrees in Sactown. Now those in the east are probably laughing at me but for us out here used to the nice mild winter. This is FREEZING!!! I guess that is why not a lot of people were out. But I still managed to stay amused by watching the interactions of the units with each other.
The people I work with are a unique breed of their own. We deal alot with the gray areas of life and so our perspective is different from "normal" people. Sometimes the guys get carried away and think they are "above" everyone else and that can get them in trouble. But one of the things I enjoy about my job is that we all have this bond with one another. My 'big sis' made sure the guys behaved themselves tonight. These guys fit in various roles of the family. There is the mischievous brother, the energetic go-getter brother, the quiet guardian brother and the wayward family members. Yet when push comes to shove, we all stand together behind one another, it's like having a second family when you go to work. That is one of the reason why I love my job.

No comments: