Monday, January 29, 2007

Nothing like a re-newed friendship

One of my old buddies came back out to work in the field tonight. It was great seeing his name back on the roster again. I had forgotten just how funny he was! He's got the best sense of humor and each time I would get him on the phone, he would keep me laughing just by talking. He wouldn't really have to crack a joke because he has this silver tongue for keeping you smiling. It could be something simple like requesting a phone number and yet he makes it so funny because he would go off on tangents. Its like that relative you have who would start talking about one thing but end up talking about another, but with my friend you don't fall asleep while he's talking because he's so witty. Yet he has that sense of humor that comes with the job so you never really know what will come out of his mouth. Ahh brings back memories, I had forgotten some of his idiosyncrasies like how he could drink like 15 cups of coffee. I enjoy having fun people like him to work with. It has been nice just catching up with him and renewing this friendship.