Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The things we do for family

My brother told me the other day that he needed five dozen cookies for school. The boy doesn't bake and there was no way my mother could make cookies. She had kids all day and was busy watching them, my dad doesn't do cookies so it was left up to me. So I woke up early to bake his 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies. Mind you I still had to go to work and do my overtime that night. But that's not to say that my brother didn't help. He had to clean the dishes and work on on the batter when I doubled it. He had to put some shoulder power into that chcolate chip mix. Now I can understand just a wee bit of why parents stay up late to help little "Tommy" or "Janie" finish their school project. It's not about them getting the good grades (even though it does help!) or about making sure that the project is done right, it's because they do it out of love.


1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

I know what you mean! I made 8 dozen cookies for the youth group on Wednesday (plus two more doz for the hubby). Cookies can be high-maintenance, I tell ya! I just adore my kitchenaid mixer, though. It was my great bargain of 2004 for $74.99!