Wednesday, May 9, 2007

All Grown Up

It was my brother's birthday Yesterday. He turned 18 years old. The day he was born my dad took me to school and said that my mom needed a check up for the baby. I can still remember wishing for a little sister and when my dad picked me up afterschool he said that I had a brand new baby brother. It was a little disappointing because I so wanted a sister that I could dress up and relate to, but the Lord knew what he was doing.

I remember when when he was a little baby and I would hide around the corner, he would come toddling down the hall on his chubby little legs and then I would yell "boo!" and watch him shriek in fright running to my mom. LOL Now I can't even wrestle him and win, he's so much stronger than me! As far as brothers go I'm very blessed with mine. Yes I do have a tendency to spoil him and get him whatever he wants for his brithday or Christmas, but he deserves it for putting up with me. =) He doesn't wander home, cleans, cooks, helps out in church and one of his favorite past time is sitting around with family telling stories of the past. He's a good boy, really he is! And as his big sister who's known him all 18 years...I should know.

No comments: