Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Dead Fish

One of the guys from work recommended this restaurant. It has great seafood and a wonderful view of the bridge that connects the bay area to Vallejo. Anne had the salmon plate and I had the Dead Fish stew, which was one of their specialty. I was rather surprised when the waiter came by and put a bib on me, I thought he was a little crazy. Why would I need a bib? But I soon found out that in order for you to get the crab meat you had to crack the crab and go after the meat yourself. Someone in the process my fingers turned orange and I splattered Anne with it. It was a very messy meal so the bib was a good thing! Anne kept teasing me about playing with my food, I found the instruments the waiter gave me (and it wasn't just the cracker thingy but they had this black instrument that was a cross between a nail file and had one end the shape of a smaller crab claw, don't know what it's called but if I ever find it in the store I will buy it!) fascinating and so fun to use. The prices were a little high but the food was so delicious and worth it!


2 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

The first dish looks pretty, but I don't think I could handle the floating dead fish in my stew. I don't want my food to have any resemblance of its former life. I wish I could have seen you eating with a bib on and a big claw cracker! That would be highly entertaining, I am sure!!

Farm Girl in MD said...

I'm not sure I could get past the name of the restaurant :)

Yes the plant is outside of my apartment...now I have to remember to water it. :)