Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mental-pause

Having co-workers who are much older than me and some of them undergoing a certain process of womanhood . . . menopause. Here is a list of the psychological side effects of menopause from Wikipedia.com

Psychological

Well for me the second to the last symptom seems to be occurring more often. Take tonight for example, I was supposed to work overtime at work. But I forgot about ever signing up for it, so much so that it wasn't on my PDA/phone or wall calendar. My supervisor called me up and had to do a wellness check on me. How embarrassing!

There is a little bit of comfort though. As a search on Wikipedia.com about memory loss said that stress-related activities are another factor which can result in memory loss. That is a little comfort since I'm in the midst of a very stressful and life changing decision right now. So many things are up in the air and out of my control, the things that I do have control of are at times mundane. I just have to remind myself that no matter what the outcome is of the next few weeks and months, the Lord is in control.

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Good luck to you! And welcome to my world. Great post!