Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another hat

For the past 12 days I have showed up to work every night. It seemed like I was living at my workplace. Even my supervisor noticed how much I spend up there and tease me about living in a back room. But this week I get a break from work, instead I will put on another at . . . the teacher's cap. For the next three days a co-worker and I will be tag-teaming in teaching at our in-house academy. Now I've never taught the topics that we'll be covering this week, but I deal with it every night at work. The various databases and access that I have at work is what will be taught in class this week. Last time I taught a class the subject was very simple and I thought it could be taught in an hour instead it ended up being 2 hours and I didn't even have activities planned. For this week, my co-worker and I planned it within three weeks using the previous teacher's power-point presentation and modifying it to fit our teaching style.

Right now however, I feel like I am just the "Vanna White" in this team and my co-worker is Pat Sayjack. He does the speaking and interacting while I just point and smile. LOL My co-worker definitely put in more time and effort into this, he is more of a teacher than me. I admire that in him but at the same time I feel like I am not doing much. Tomorrow is the first day and so we shall see how it goes. We have 3x more the people in this class than in the previous class, so more personalities are brought in. The interaction will be interesting to see. I think I might just have to wear my sassy red shoes tomorrow. After all I'm going from being a graveyard person to a morning person, which is enough of a change to shake me up. So who knows what my comfort level will be in the morning? I'll let you know how the day goes.

No comments: