Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm here

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes
Myspace Hello Comments & Graphics


I am still alive continuing on my 12 day work week. The Pastor whose house my cousin and I will be staying in Bangkok is visiting us this week, so I'm getting plenty of information on Bangkok. So far I am looking forward to the food, the various palaces and the fact that they have 3 Build-A-Bear stores in Bangkok. Sebstien (my ever faithful companion) will definitely be sporting an Asian outfit when he comes back. One of the books I read about on solo traveling suggested that you bring one totally impractical item from home to help ease the homesickness, for me it is my bear. It may seem a tad silly at times for a grown woman to be carrying a teddy bear, but Sebastien is my comfort and he gives really good hugs. I've also discovered that no matter how brown and Asian I may look, as soon as I open my mouth my accent will give me away as being American. Now the practical solution to blending in would be for me to just not open my mouth, but we all now how futile that will be. LOL So instead I have a Phrase book on Thai and Cantonese (when I get to Hong Kong that is their main language) that I am studying and trying to memorize some Key Phrases. Things like "hello", "good-bye", "please", "thank you", "what is that?", "where is the bank" and of course the most important phase to learn in any language "where is the toilet".

No comments: