Monday, October 22, 2007

Bangkok Plans

My Asia trip is coming up shortly just under two weeks now. I was originally going to stay with some friends of my parent's in Bangkok. But being "westernized" now and all I need a place that has air conditioning and is safe for two females. So I booked with the Christian Guest House in Bangkok after a recommendation from one of my friends. The price wasn't too bad about $50 a night for a room with two beds and a bathroom. I figure that the room will only be used to sleep in and change since there is so much to see. I'm also starting to make a list of the places I want to visit and where I want to eat. There is this one restaurant called "Cabbages and Condoms". Here is a website that explains the interesting name of the place. www.sli.unimelb.edu.au/pda/ccrest.htm

My co-worker also recommended the Q-Bar and Pawandang (sp?) as great places to eat. Then there is the Grand Palace, the Golden Mount, Laying Buddah, Chinatown, MBK shopping center, Jim Thompson's house that are a must see. So if you have any other suggestions on where to go and what to see in Bangkok I would greatly appreciate it!

No comments: