Monday, July 16, 2007

Family vacation

Last time I went on a family vacation was two years ago when I took my family to the Philippines to celebrate my parent's 25th wedding anniversary. I didn't think that we would take another family vacation until my parents' 30th anniversary. But in a few hours all four members of my family will be on a plane to Hawaii. Originally it was supposed to be my brother, mother and I but last week my dad changed his mind and decided he wanted to come along too. So my fabulous travel agent was able to work her magic and get him on the same flight as us. (She so deserves some chocolate covered macademia candy!) Last time on our family vacation my dad had every day planned and for three weeks in the Philippines. We covered plenty of territory; we were able to hit all three major island and see plenty of little brown people who all knew about my brother and me and were friends or related to my parents. But the "relaxing" trip was even too much for someone like me, I felt like I was going on a rocket and just barely holding on. So this time for this family vacation I am in charge. :-)

I found that my Paris formula of creating a very flexible itinerary works. I have an activity for the morning and one for the afternoon planned but that leaves plenty of room to be flexible or just relax depending on the family. Also having a rental car in Oahu means that we can cover more ground. The fact that the two hotels we will be staying at has internet access allows me to keep in touch with friend and this blog.

So the bags are packed (only two bags to check in this time! a first I've seen with my family), Sebastien (my teddy bear and traveling companion) is strapped on to Jeriah's backpack and dressed in his snazzy golfing outfit, the tickets are confirmed and transportation is set up. Lord willing, this time tomorrow I will be at the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu.

Here's the website of where we'll be staying so you can check it out: http://turtlebayresort.com/

1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

Can't wait to see your pictures!!