Monday, July 23, 2007

The Wedding at Waikiki

The wedding was today. It was a quick 30 minute ceremony which to me seems short but it seems to be the average in America. I am used to the long traditional Filipino wedding that take over an hour to two hours. We couldn’t hear the preacher talk because of the noise of the waves overpowering him. There were also some “uninvited” guests at the ceremony, the beach goers who were curious. I saw one person take a picture but then I was like that person in Rome when I saw the wedding. No one can really resist a bride and a wedding! It invokes the sense of romance. The food was very good my uncle bought me a mai tai and I must stay it wasn’t too bad. I couldn’t refuse because that would insult him, but I think he did it on purpose J he was trying to get my dad to drink. LOL but knowing my uncle that is him being himself. The bride looked beautiful in an Alfredo Angelo dress that had the navy blue cloth. It was like the wedding dress of one of the actors on my favorite shows Mcleods Daughters. The groom was grinning and it had been well over a year since I saw him. He seemed very happy to see us and the grin never left his face. A true groom indeed he was!

The food at the reception was delicious! They had a buffet which included a salad, several different cheeses, mahi-mahi with this banana sauce, chicken with macademia nuts and a roast. Yum! The grooms cake was in the shape of a basketball and had chocolate covered strawberries painted with the LA Lakers logo. There was also a picture board that showed the groom through the years. I remember that picture of him in a little sailor outfit when he was about a year old and then right at the other corner was a picture of him in his Navy sailor suit. J We teased my aunt about that! There was a father daughter dance and then bride’s parents danced but that was all. My cousin, Jena, caught the bouquet and the only grooms man not related to us caught the garter. I didn’t stand in the single women pile! No way, no how!



No comments: