Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Polynesian Cultural Center

I had intended to wake up and see the sunrise, but instead my parents were the ones who got to see it. I slept in and woke up around 9am. The plan was to head to Turtle Beach and see if we could swim with some green turtles. But we didn't see anything other than some pale backed creatures. =)

Lunch was at one of the Shrimp Shacks around the North Shore. I had read that Romy's Shrimp Shack catches their shrimp in the morning so it is really fresh. They gave us three different sauces to use with the fresh steamed shrimp there was garlic butter, soyu and cocktail sauce. All delicious and yummy! Then we went to see a naturally made blow hole on Lai'ane point. The hole was created by a tsunami in the 1970's, of course Sebastien came along with us.

Then it was off to the Polynesian Cultural center. We had a great time. Our guide, Melissa, was from Australia and she had this accent which was fun to hear. There was so many things to see at P.C.C that I will just have to let the pictures talk for me. The dinner was delicious, it was buffet and I stuffed myself before realizing that I didn't take any pictures of the food. So you will just have to take my word that it was good! =) The show after dinner in the Auditorium was fantastic! It was the Horizon's show and I can now see why this luau was voted by Travel Channel as the "best luau" in Hawaii. The fire show in the end was awesome! Enjoy the pictures.
[ I will upload the Horizon show tomorrow]

No comments: