Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Eleanor's Wedding

Today was Eleanor Callison's wedding day. The main reason why I arrived in Greenville before my mother and brother. But before that Darla and I ran some errands on campus. One of the girls from my prayer group is now a Dorm Supervisor in Margaret Mack (according to the kind guy who helped us at Bellis Copy center where Darla had some laminating done). But when we stopped by she wasn't there, however I did get to see Miss Sarah. This lady is one of BJ's school fixtures, she has been working at the school when I came and it was lovely to see her again.

Eleanor's wedding can be summed up in one word: simple. There was hardly any decorations and we were there for only 50 minutes. (Of course we didn't see them cut the cake or throw the bouquet!) But it was short and simple, Eleanor's grandfather married them. Their wedding day was also the same day as Eleanor's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. So the grandpa was pretty emotional. There were only 4 bridesmaids and then the bride walked down the aisle. A nice sweet message about the meaning of marriage, ring exchange, signing of the wedding license and then the kiss. Boom! They were hitched. Short and sweet.

For dinner we met up with God, who is still the same crazy person. I forgot how tall he was but he wouldn't let me forget it. I took him and Darla out for dinner to celebrate his 30th birthday at Outback steakhouse. Then I went with Darla to her church and met all the wonderful people she has been telling me about. I also got to see her classroom. After church we wandered around downtown and ended up at Marble Slab. I had parked the car down by the Reedy river area and it was at least a 5 block walk up to Marble Slab. But as Darla pointed out, we walked off the calories we just ate from the ice cream going back to our car. All in all a nice pleasant day.

1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

Is Elanor from Illinois (The "s" is silent)?

I think I knew her brother.

~JB