Thursday, August 16, 2007

Family Game Night



Have you seen those commerical encouraging people to have a family game night? Or spend more time talking over dinner at the table? Well tonight we had our family game night. My dad doesn't play games, it is just not his "thing". But he does sit with us while we play and talk. I challenged my mom and my brother to scrabble. My mom is very good at this game, when I was little I used to think she memorized the dictionary since she knew all these words that would earn her a triple word score. The last time we played scrabble my brother beat me and my mom didn't play since she was helping us both. Trying to be neutral. But tonight . . .I finally beat my mother in scrabble!
It is a nice feeling of accomplishment that covers this, even if it is just a game. But this will be the last family game night with my brother fora while. He is leaving for college next week and won't be home until Christmas break. So this is another nice memory for him and for us too.

No comments: