Sunday, August 26, 2007

Friendships

As I visited BJU and met up with some friends living in town it made me realized how varied my friendships were. I mean there was the fun loving Society guys-Phi Beta Bulldogs like Joey. Then there was the Science Building people like J.God, "Bob" and Peter who have these idiosyncrasies which makes them fascinating. Also you have the most unpredictable people like your new roommates every year and you never know who you get along with the people in the prayer group. I've been blessed to have been able to keep in touch with most of my former roommates and for the most part they were all very nice girls whom I've developed a friendships with like KB, Beth, and Ratchet. I think only the roommates my Junior year were the one's I never really befriended. We were total opposites then, I mean talk about a room that has four people exhibiting the four temperaments! Now if you've watched Under the Tuscan Sun, there is this one line that stuck in my mind. " You have to live spherically, in many directions." And if you look at my Christmas Card list, you will notice a variety of people from around the country working in various fields. But I digress...going back and seeing some of my friends who live in the area after five years was great.

Joey was still himself and marriage life didn't change him too much. His wife is so perfect for him and they balance each other out, she loves to laugh. Joey was telling stories about the guys side and all throughout dinner we were laughing. Darla was the same as ever, so sweet and with a big heart. She loves her kids, her ministry in West Greenville, and is kept busy with all her various activities. Beth was still full of energy and married life has been good for her. She has a good head on her shoulder. It was also great to see Laura again. I was pleasantly surprised that she is now a dorm supervisor but then she has the patience and heart for all those girls. And then there is J.God. . .whom I've managed to keep in touch with since graduation through e-mails, AIM and leaving plenty of voicemail on his cell phone so that he will eventually answer. Darla and I got to see him in his environment at Clemson. Well I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments: