Friday, June 29, 2007

Any suggestions?

I'm in a state of bewilderment. The original plan was to go to New Zealand this winter but the cost of flying into that country, lodging, car rental and other expenses add up to where it is cheaper for me to go back to Paris. But then again I don't want to go back to a place I have already been when there is a world full of unexplored places to see. When I mentioned this to the 'rents they suggested I visit some of their friends in Asia or more specifically Cambodia, Thailand and maybe even do a stop over in Hong Kong. I can save on lodging because I will be staying with family friends and they will help with guiding me to what is there to see in their country.

But what is there to see in Cambodia and Thailand? I am not familiar with these places. My travel thoughts have been geared toward the already explored places like New Zealand and Europe. Should I go to some place where not many things are known? What famous sights are there to explore in Cambodia? What kind of food do they have there? And besides the beaches of Thailand what else is there to see?

My anxiety is showing. Can you not tell?

Currently reading :
Lonely Planet the Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World
By Roz Hopkins
Rel

2 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

Oh, Jica, what an opportunity to go to a non-touristy part of the globe and experience REAL life as the locals live it! That sounds more wonderful than any site-seeing tour I can think of! I say GO FOR IT- Thailand and Cambodia! And I want to see and hear everything about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jics! I say go for the Asia tour this time...Doesn't Thailand have beautiful palaces and all? And I know a lot of the military families who have been stationed in Guam say that they enjoyed going flight hopping to Hong Kong because of the shopping and because of the beautiful night view...Besides...Thai food is GOOD!!! ;-)