Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I'm still alive

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Life gets busy and these past two weeks was no exception. Last week was filled with committee meetings and work, work, work. Then on Monday night my baby brother graduated from High School. My how time flies when life keeps you so busy! My dad has been tearing up all week whenever he thinks of my brother leaving for college, while I laugh at him and my mom just chuckles. It is very odd for my dad to get so emotional but he is very close with my brother. I guess when you miss the first five years of watching your first child growing up the first time around you make up for it with your next child. But then my brother has always been a favorite in the family, he has such charisma. I can still remember him as a little baby with those chubby cheeks and thighs running around the house and laughing. Now sometimes I look at him and think "is that my little baby brother all grown up and shaving?" Anyways I found some old pictures of me and him through the years...the eight year gap didn't really bother me too much I actually rather enjoyed it. It was nice to help out my parents with "parenting" my brother and yet I get to maintain my sister status.

No comments: