Sunday, June 24, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Do you remember in school when you used to come back from summer vacation and the teach er would make you write an essay about what you did for the summer? Well it may not be my summer vacation sicne I only took two weeks off but it was most of my summer vacation. One of them anyways.

So here is what I did for my summer vacation. I caught up on sleep. Realized that I couldn't really get used to the sun, it still burns my eyes a little bit but sunglasses have solved that problem. Went down to visit Anne and ended up spending two nights alone catching up on NCIS Season 3. But I'm glad that Ari finally got his just desserts after killing Kate (who was my favorite NCIS agent BTW!) Then it was a little shopping in Modesto before I had to drive back home to make it in time for my parents anniversary the following day. My mom decided to take her daycare kids on a field trip to the zoo on Thursday. I am still amazed at how those little legs can get around so quickly! But the kids enjoyed seeing the lions, giraffe, penguins, flamingos and all those creepy reptiles. They also enjoyed eating McDonalds and playing around in the playground area. Later that night I took my parents to "The Dead Fish" where they ate Dead fish stew, a delicious short rib(where the meat melted off like soft butter!), my brother had the double shrimp and crab dish while I went for the petite fillet mignon. The meal was delicious and eaten with gusto. Then on Friday I had a hair appoitment and I was tempted to get my hair cut short but I really, really liked my "Paris hairdo" and so I opted to just have my hair thinned by adding really soft, feathery layers since my hair is thick. Anne came up and while we didn't get to hang out the full two days she was up here. We did get to watch a few movies (Benchwarmers [which is hilarious and a bit crude but still overall funny, a movie along the style of 'Dumb & Dumber' or 'Napoleon Dynamite'] and Mistress of Spice [its a Bollywood movie with one of the most beautiful women in the world and Dylan McDermot]) but that was after I went to work to do some "fairy work". We slept in on Sautrday and ended up going to the Mall and spending money. I did find a dress that I could wear to my cousin's wedding next month, but I'm not sure the style is me the main color of the dress is brown and that is a color I try to avoid wearing since my skin is plenty brown already LOL. But the dress has a pattern with lots of pink and peach, it is a nice dress made in the current "trend" of fasion today. I'm not one to follow trends but I couldn't wear a black & white dress to a beach wedding in the morning. It isn't proper. So now it is Sunday and tomorrow is my last night before I go back to work. I plan to just relax and read before entering my stressfilled work space again. Plus it isn't like I've been away from work because I ended up showing up there three times while I was on vacation. The reason why I leave the country on myvaction time kept popping up these past two weeks. If I don't leave the country I seem to end up finding a way back to work!

So that is what I did these past two weeks for my vacation. I didn't think I would be so busy but the time flew by and I'm glad I never got used to the "dayshift" schedule. It is more of a swing shift schedule that I ended up getting used to but then again I never really switch to dayshift untless I leave the country or mainland USA and vacation somewhere far away!





No comments: