Friday, June 29, 2007

What is a VESTA?

My class on the VESTA yesterday went well. I spoke too fast but there was enough digression and sharing of stories between me and one of the other teachers we were able to fill in an hour. When I practiced my lecture the night before it was only 40 minutes and that included the pictures on the power point. I just hope the trainees will be able to retain some of what I taught.

What is a VESTA? The VESTA is the phone system that is used to control the 9-1-1 call center. This software allows information to flow from the telephone system, to the CAD (computer aided dispatch), into radio and then out to the field units. Your VESTA is composed of the Computer screen, plantronics box and a manual phone pad.

The VESTA is better understood when you actually use it. It is one of those things that need hands on training because a lecture and pictures won't really do it much justice. But it is an important equipment in my line of work along with the CAD.

1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

I am one of those nerdy ones who googled VESTA until I figured it out. :-)