Sunday, June 17, 2007

Trip planning

I like to plan and set my trips a year in advance. So like next year I already have a trip to the Orient in mind and I'm trying to see if I can sqeeze in a trip to Europe or Latin America (I hear they're a whole lot cheaper and there is more bang for your buck in these countries!). But for now the trip in the near horizon is to Hawaii. . . specifically Ohau, Hawaii. My cousin-Jon will be getting married at the end of July on Waikiki and my mom did not want to miss that. Plus both my mom and my brother have never been to Hawaii before, the layover in the airport as you fly to the Philippines does not count.

I want to climb Diamond Head and see the view of the city below. Of course Pearl Harbor is a must! As well as the Polynesian Cultural center, where it was nominated as the best Luau in Hawaii. Then I read about this place called Valley of Temples where they have a replica of a 950 year old temple found in Uji, Japan as well as other temples in a very peaceful surrounding. The Dole pineapple plantation is located on Oahu and then there is the North Shore. Fortunately the hotel we booked for the first part of our stay is located on the North Shore. Then the last half of the week we will be in the Waikiki area.

So I'm trying to coordinate with my girl cousin-Jena about our schedules and what to do. The three of us will be flying out on Monday and Jena's side (the grooms immediate family) will fly in on Wednesday. I know that my mom will want to spend some time with her brother so with two cars and 10 people coming together on Wednesday, the coordinating of plans and things to do seems enormous. There are so many things to do and I'm not one to just lay still at the beach. Just ask Allison or Ratchet who went with me to Hawaii last time! Right now Jena and I are playing e-mail tag. But I'm excited at the prospect of planning the details and going on another airplane ride next month. That is when my "real" vacation will take place.

No comments: