Thursday, May 29, 2008

Angels in Strangers

I almost lost my phone tonight. Mom and I were out shopping getting some groceries when we got back in the car I noticed my phone was gone. Now I knew I had brought my phone with me because I was trying to send a picture message to a friend with one of the photos I took during my trip to Asia. Mom and I looked all around the car and couldn't find it. So now I was in a panic, my cell phone isn't just any ordinary cell phone but a PDA which held pretty much my schedule, contacts from work and abroad, etc. When we got home the first thing I did was call my cell and this guy answers. Now my occupation has trained me to handle situations like what I went through tonight and I knew that it would be a slim chance I would ever get my phone back much less without paying something. But the guy on the phone seemed sincere and we agreed to meet at the gas station near the store where I lost my phone. As soon I arrived at the gas station (my dad in tow since mom didn't want me to go alone and meet some stranger!) I called my phone back and this guy drives up and just hands it back. NO money asked, no getting out of his car (I was outside my vehicle but pops was right behind me) and just hands it over, we exchange words of gratitude and he was gone. How nice was that! And here I was thinking the worst case scenario about what could happen, how evil people are etc and this guy just hands my phone back without asking for anything in return. He certainly taught this cynical gal a lesson tonight and I got reminded of what the Bible says about being aware of 'angels who may be strangers unaware'.

No comments: