Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blessings

I got some good news Friday night. I've been promoted! Earlier this year I had taken a test to apply for a new job position and then there was the talk of a hiring freeze going around the Department, so I figured even if I did well on the test I still wouldn't get the new job position because of the freeze. Shows you how much I know! God is so good and I got the official word on Friday that I've been promoted. I knew it was happening sometime this summer because our Lt. talked to me about it when he got the word that our Division could hire some more people but it wasn't official and I decided not to say anything until it was official. This new position will be another challenge for me since I get to work with the deputies directly. I have to go back into training come end of June and I also lose the 5 years of seniority but I get a pay raise. So it will all work out in the end, that is if I can complete training successfully. Please keep me in your prayers as I start this new position and go back to training.

No comments: